Laredo Truck Accident Attorneys
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
While being involved in any automobile accident is a harrowing experience, there is perhaps none so traumatic as being hit by an 18-wheeler. These massive carriers of freight and goods are several times larger than a normal car, and have a 40-ton ratio in comparison to a typical vehicle’s two-ton weight.
These combined measurements, as well as the truck’s limited ability to stop rapidly, are more likely to cause catastrophic “life-changing” injuries in a collision. After the trauma of being hit by such a volatile object as an 18-wheeler, you need the care and knowledgeable support of our skilled lawyers at Gonzalez Druker Law Firm. Our truck accident attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you deserve
Call our experienced Laredo truck accident lawyers today at (956) 436-5700 for dedicated aid in confronting the big bullies that have turned your life upside down, or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
What Is Legally Considered a Truck in Personal Injury Claims?
It is important to know that in the state of Texas, any motorized vehicle that is usually utilized in transporting property or goods can be designated as a “truck.” Truck accidents, however, particularly refer to larger commercial trucks.
These vehicles do include:
- And big rigs
However, this can also refer to:
- Delivery vehicles
- Dump trucks
- Or box trucks
If you or someone you love has been injured due to a truck accident in Laredo, Texas reach out to our team as soon as possible. Our knowledgeable attorneys are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Types of Truck Accidents?
The most common types of trucking accidents are:
And blind spot accidents
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
There are multiple types of reasons that a truck driver might be at fault in a collision, all of which could help you gain reparations for the damage you have suffered.
Some of these primary causes could include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, medication, or illegal substances
- Ignoring speed signs and traffic signals
- Distractions from phones, other drivers, or other circumstances
- Not attending to dangerous weather conditions
- Loose or falling cargo that has been loaded incorrectly
- Lack of sleep, leading to the driver’s fatigue or lack of vigilance
- Inadequate or incomplete training or lack of driver safety programs
- Lack of regular inspections or vehicle maintenance
- Overstuffed cargo beds or illegal weight restrictions
What Compensation Is Available in a Laredo Truck Accident Claim?
Each truck accident differs from the next. Therefore, estimating the amount of compensation that may be available is impossible without a thorough review of the circumstances surrounding your specific accident.
Typically, the amount of compensation awarded depends on:
The severity and type of injuries the victim sustained
The victim’s prognosis for recovery
And the parties that are being held liable for the accident
However, typical compensation packages cover damages for:
Medical and hospital bills
Lost earning potential
Reconstructive or corrective surgeries
Physical and/or occupational therapy
Pain and suffering
And emotional trauma
Who Is Liable After a Truck Accident?
There are several parties who may be held liable after a truck accident. Contrary to what many people thing, a truck driver is not usually the one who is held legally liable for an accident, in fact, most often it is the trucking company who is. The top reason for this is that trucking companies are often caught encouraging their drivers to break trucking laws and regulations to save their company money.
A truck driver can be held personally liable in certain situations, particularly if the accident was caused by their negligence, such as driving while drunk. Although it happens less often, there are other parties that can be held liable, such as a truck manufacturer or cargo loading team. The legal team at Gonzalez Druker Law Firm, PLLC is experienced in investigating truck accident claims and is ready to help you today.
How Is Fault Determined in a Texas Truck Accident?
While we often may assume that the truck driver is the primary party at fault, in reality there may be multiple people and companies who are liable for the severe damage, long-term and short-term, that you are now facing. All of those directly responsible for a factor that contributed to the accident may have to pay compensation.
Just a few of the potential parties who could be liable for reparations could include:
- The primary truck driver - If the truck driver was distracted, fatigued, careless of traffic regulations or speeding signals, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, this person’s negligence could clearly result in liability.
- The truck manufacturer – Sometimes, a truck driver might be alert and following all designated regulations, but a defect in the truck itself, from an irregular trailer hitch to a malfunctioning vehicle engine, could cause a severe accident. Therefore, the manufacturer of the truck’s design could be liable.
- The company in charge of the cargo - Truck accidents are often caused because the freight that has been loaded has surpassed weight restrictions or has been carelessly loaded. Such negligence during loading can cause the cargo to fall or swing into a smaller vehicle.
Fighting Big Rig Bullies
Because the drivers of 18 wheelers have a much higher vantage point than do drivers of smaller vehicles, they should have a wider angle of visibility and greater ability to see potential hazards.
Unfortunately, due to long travel times, fatigue, or simple distraction, truck drivers can lose focus on attending to their surroundings, and in a split second, cause a severe or even fatal accident. You have already faced the emotional impact of colliding with a massive semi-truck, and the prospect of finding excellent Laredo truck accident attorneys can be daunting. However, our skilled lawyers can lay your fears to rest.
Contact us now at (956) 436-5700 for a free consultations so our truck accident attorneys at Gonzalez Druker Law Firm can fight the giants for you.