Laredo Car Accident Attorney
Put 30+ Years of Combined Legal Experience in Your Corner
After a severe car accident, life can change drastically. If you took significant injuries, you may encounter a long road to recovery, an inability to work, earn income, and raise medical bills you cannot afford. At this time, seeking sufficient compensation for accident injuries is vital. But it is crucial to refrain from fighting these legal battles alone. Insurance companies are unwilling to part with profits, so you may not receive the fair settlement recommended you are entitled to — unless you have an experienced Laredo car accident lawyer fighting for you.
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident in Laredo, Texas, Gonzalez Druker Law Firm is here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Our Laredo car accident attorneys have extensive personal injury experience dealing with insurance companies that will evaluate and decide on an amount to offer for settlement of your car accident claim.
Our Laredo personal injury attorneys will help you maximize the compensation you receive through a negotiated settlement. However, when insurance companies refuse to pay the compensation you deserve, our legal team of car accident attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who have the necessary skills to win your case at trial.
To ensure you don’t get shortchanged in your settlement, contact our skilled Laredo car accident lawyers at (956) 436-5700 today, or via our online form. We can help you understand what your claim is worth.
Is Texas a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
No, in the event of a car accident Texas follows a “at-fault” rule to determine who is liable. This means that the driver who is responsible for causing the accident that led to your injuries is also responsible for paying the damages due you through an insurance carrier.
While this law is straightforward for accidents where only one driver is at fault, it’s true that many if not most accidents can find both parties at fault in some way. An example of “fault” that is easy to overlook would be driving slightly about the speed limit or failing to put on a turn signal. In these cases, an injured driver can still recover compensation through Texas’ "modified comparative negligence" rule.
What Is The Modified Comparative Negligence Rule in Texas?
A modified comparative negligence rule in TX, means that an injured party who is partially responsible for an accident can still file a claim as long as they are no more than 50% at fault for causing an accident.
However, in this scenario the percentage of responsibility they are found to bear will be deducted from their overall compensation awarded to them. For example, if you are found to be 10% at fault for the accident, the total compensation awarded to you will also be reduced by 10%.
What Are the Top Causes of Car Accidents in Laredo, Texas?
Living in Laredo, Texas, has many perks, but highway safety is not one of them. Known as “the car accident capital of America,” the State of Texas consistently leads the country in the number of traffic fatalities. Each year, approximately 3,500 people are killed in auto accidents. Over 250,000 individuals are involved in crashes resulting to injuries.
You need to call our personal injury lawyers without delay if you were injured in a car accident where the person at fault was:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper car maintenance
- Teenage drivers
- Elderly drivers
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to obey traffic signals
What Are the Most Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents?
The consequences of a car accident can be devastating.
Our experienced accident attorneys have helped victims in Laredo who have suffered all types of injury crashes, including:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Leg and knee injuries
- Hand and foot injuries
- Internal injuries
What Compensation Is Available After a Car Accident Injury?
If you have been hurt in an auto collision that was someone else’s fault, you will need qualified legal assistance to fight for the compensation to help cover the cost of:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- And loss of earning capacity
Steps to Take after a Car Accident in Laredo, Texas
Typically, drivers find themselves in a dazed state of confusion after colliding with another vehicle. However, it is important to remain as composed as possible at the accident scene and remember to take certain steps that could be crucial to obtaining maximum compensation.
Following a car accident, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries
- Call the police to report the accident
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information
- Collect license plate numbers and insurance and registration info from other drivers
- Take pictures of the accident scene and all vehicles involved in the crash
- Contact our personal injury lawyers prior to speaking to any insurance companies
Something that many people fail to take into consideration after a car crash is their interaction on social media. Be careful not to post anything regarding the accident until your claim is settled. Insurance companies can use the information they find on social media platforms as evidence against you to reduce their liability and the money they owe.
What Can a Car Accident Attorney in Laredo Do to Help the Injured?
If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another party in Laredo, TX, it is important to seek legal help from an experienced Laredo car accident lawyer. A car accident lawyer near you can provide invaluable assistance throughout the entire process, from filing your claim and negotiating with insurance companies to taking your case to trial if necessary.
Your auto accident lawyer will be knowledgeable about TX laws related to auto accidents. They can help ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damages, and other losses resulting from the collision.
Our Laredo personal injury lawyer will help you:
- File a Claim: A car accident attorney can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit to get compensation for damages related to the auto accident.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: An experienced injury lawyer will know how to effectively negotiate with insurance companies in order to maximize your settlement amount.
- Take Your Case To Trial: If an agreement cannot be reached, an experienced car accident attorney is trained and knowledgeable about taking cases before a jury and fighting for what is fair and just.
- Understand Texas Laws Related To Auto Accidents: It’s important that you understand all of the TX state's laws related to auto accidents. If you do not, then you may sign away your legal rights without realizing it. Having proper legal representation present at the time of signing any agreements or contracts relating to your case is paramount to protecting your rights and getting max compensation.
- Maximize Compensation For Medical Expenses, Lost Wages, Pain And Suffering: By having a skilled personal injury lawyer representing you in TX court or during negotiations with insurers, you can rest assured that your damages are properly accounted for. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering resulting from your Laredo car accident.
- Collect Evidence & Gather Witnesses: A good car accident attorney knows how important evidence is when it comes to building a strong case. They can collect the necessary evidence and gather witnesses to help support your claim in TX court.
How the Gonzalez Druker Law Firm Can Help
At Gonzalez Druker Law Firm, our law firm has years of experience guiding individuals throughout the personal injury claim process. We have accumulated an in-depth knowledge of the laws and procedures surrounding these types of cases and have become skilled negotiators.
Our law firm in Laredo, TX, can help you build a case that proves that your injuries were the result of someone else’s negligence so that you can get the financial compensation that you deserve.